Customer Favorites

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Colorful Garlin tutorial...


As I was browsing on the web, I stopped by one of my FAV blogs - The Purlbee.
It's a great place to stop by, get ideas; and check out what's going on in NYC!

The Purlbee, is the blog of Purlsoho. A wonderful shoppe filled with colorful wools, cotton threads; and simply joyful fabrics - I've purchased wool from them on SEVERAL occasions and they've always been warm and gracious; just what a customer likes. ; )

But on this day of browsing and sneezing, I came across this terrific garlin that I just wanted to share.

They have this wonderful category, Molly's Sketchbook - where there are tutorials of all types for all skill levels: in crocheting, knitting, embroidery too!
This one caught my eye because I received this same type of garlin as a gift for Christmas!!

This one, created by Molly, is so much more colorful and just so much FUN.
Great idea for kids and if you wanted to change up for the Various Holidays... cut out shapes, ie, hearts or shamrocks!


Below, is my version of the Felt Garlin - a free gift from Anthropologie - it's a bit different from Molly's but the difference is something that makes it versatile... rather than glueing two pieces of felt together... it uses a parallel cut in the center of the circle to thread the cotton twine. Here (below), cording was used rather than a heavier twine - same cording used in fleece hoodies!

I'm going to try the colorful version for the Spring!! It will look just adorable on my tinsel tree! Check out Purlbee... it's just fabo!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Great to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails